HALO CE SERVERS:

New Server Testing [OVH Cloud VPS 1]

Got some questions, suggestions, or feedback on the game servers? Come on in here and share your thoughts!

New Server Testing [OVH Cloud VPS 1]

Postby Cortexian » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 am

Hey all!

I'm testing out a new host for the servers, and have replicated both the BUNGIE 1.10 and GUNGAME servers on this new server for testing purposes. The servers you're looking for online are:

Here's a speedtest result from the new server:
Cortexian
Site Admin

Re: New Server Testing

Postby tuscany1 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:15 pm

Nice, who hosts these? I see it's in Canada now!
tuscany1

Postby Cortexian » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:52 am

http://www.ovh.com/ca/en/vps/vps-cloud.xml

Using a "VPS Cloud 1" for this right now. It's expandable with the push of a button if I need more resources, which is nice.
Cortexian
Site Admin

Postby tuscany1 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:44 am

Oh nice. I have used OVH before, they were quite good for what I used them for. Never tried hosting games on them though.
tuscany1

Postby Cortexian » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:51 am

If you can't already, in the next few hours you should be able to use ovh.halo-ce.com:port to connect to the servers instead of using the IP for direct connections.

For example:
ovh.halo-ce.com:2305

Also, please note that I make no up-time guarantees for these particular servers at this time. I've already had someone complain to me that the server "died" once, when I restarted it arbitrarily. These are test servers and I'll be experimenting with various configurations on everything related to hosting them.
Cortexian
Site Admin

Postby Cortexian » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:10 pm

Running some additional servers on here now.

All servers are now banning aimbotters automatically using IP bans. This should allow all players to enjoy the servers as long as they aren't cheating.
Cortexian
Site Admin

Postby tuscany1 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:00 pm

A few people are having issues with the CE 05 server that we have been messing with. They get frequent messages saying "The Game Has Closed Down" even though it hasn't. Some people get this error and some don't. But when we play on certain other servers this error doesn't ever happen. It also happens on the warthog slayer server.

We met some pubbies in other servers who we recognized had joined CE 05 and then quickly had left. We asked them if they had experienced this message and sure enough they had. It happens to all but a few of us.
tuscany1

Postby Cortexian » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:59 pm

I've decided to try out a new server. All of the above servers have been moved there. I'm closing this thread and I'll make a new one for feedback on the new server.
Cortexian
Site Admin

Return to Game Server Discussion